Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fun Fun



Today we went out to Land Between the Lakes to take Jon's jeep offroad. It was really fun. That thing handles very well, better than I expected. We also got to take some great pictures of the outdoors and visit Fort Donelson, sight of a critical civil war battle. We saw some bison, that was neat. But most of all we just went out for the day to enjoy the earth, Jon is very grateful to be back in the world of trees and leaves and grass so he has wanted to spend a lot of time outside, even though it's quite cold. I guess I am going to start baking pies, we are hosting Thanksgiving at our house since Jon cannot leave the area yet. We will have over 20 people, it will be fun, but there is a lot to do. We are frying a turkey and smoking a turkey and I am making 3 sides and my mom and grandma are doing the rest and all friends have to bring a dish. We are also making 2 pumpkin pies and 2 pecan pies. It's going to be yummy! I'll post pictures of our table! My parents are bringing up 3 folding tables and lots of chairs because my table on seats 6. It's a little stressful but Im glad everyone will be together.

1 comments:

a.nation said...

Well I'm glad that Jon had a safe return, and I know you are really glad to have him back. Welcome him home for me.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0