Sunday, November 9, 2008

Flannel

In my haste to publish my first entries, I forgot to talk about flannel sheets. I bought some today hoping to make my bed warmer/more colorful . Since my dogs have taken over my life I take my bedspread off at night so they don't ruin my 400$ Pottery Barn bedspread, I needed something other than my fleece blanket because I refuse to turn my heat up above 70 degrees (I'm not having TVA get any more of my money). In all of this, I looked at jersey sheets, fleece sheets (which I decided would feel like hell), and then thicker regular cotton. I decided to go with flannel because when I lived at home with my parents I had some flannel sheets with little umbrellas all over them and on some level I was probably looking for that same comfort. I have reach a conclusion, flannel is the perfect thickness! It creates the most perfect temperature between them and my fleece blanket I should be warm all winter, with no harm to my velvet bedspread (which all but adheres dog hair to itself). Plus Kohls just happened to have polka dotted flannel sheets in the exact same colors as I needed. I am afraid my husband is going to melt down when he comes home and realized dots have taken over 3 rooms of the house they previously did not exist in. Dots are not girly, I got them in manly colors. He already commented on how painting my office light blue is some kind of precursor to forcing him to have children. (Sorry Jon). He also said he is going to take my china cabinet into the back yard and beat it with a sledge hammer. Take in mind I spent 12 hours refinishing this by myself after I bought this horrible thing at a yard sale. Then he proceeded to say that we should auction off our wedding china once he figured out how much it cost. I have been wondering lately if he will even recognize the house, we had only lived here for 3 months when he deployed and I have changed so many things since then, a lot changes in a year. I think he will like it, all major furniture pieces are still the same. With the addition of one china cabinet.

1 comments:

A Very Berry Blog said...

haha, this made me happy!!! I miss you, Gox!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0